Demands of the network
The tenants demand:
- the exercise of the right of first refusal of the houses to a third party oriented to the common good, so that grown neighborhood structures are preserved in the long run.
- that politicians are also looking for solutions for houses that are excluded from the “Milieuschutz”.
- that the first refusal is based is not based on the current speculative prices but orientate on the social value of the houses.
- that the politicians, especially in the Berlin Senate for Finance and Urban Development, provide the necessary subsidies in the event of a purchase by a socially responsible company or cooperative.
- in general affordable housing and the development of a social housing culture.
- the introduction of rent protection also for small businesses.
- the active preservation of the lively and diverse neighborhood culture throughout Berlin.